Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
This discussion about MRAP is important here on DP because?????????

Would anyone care to tell, or share what talking about the BILLIONS being wasted...other than for the MRAP's? Like...the more important, more visible, much easier to control spending???
Sure. Take your pick:
http://comptroller.defense.gov/defbu...13_Weapons.pdf
http://comptroller.defense.gov/defbu...14_Weapons.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
I am not the one saying a million dollar war weapon is not worth shipping back. And if you believe that bullshit that it would cost 250,000 each to ship back you need some serious help my friend. That is pure Pentagon justification right there. And Obama is CiC in case you don't know WHAT that means = he appoints the SECRETARY OF DEFENSE WHICH HE THEN GETS TO TELL TO DO CRAP LIKE THIS. The buck stops with Obama, wiggle how you like and pretend he knows nothing about nothing . His party and he himself hates our military, so why are you adamant in defending him on this? Sure he doesn't have to issue an Executive Order or send a written command to get it done. He simply tells his chief of staff to tell the Secretary of Defense to do it. Sure you say no big deal as 7 billion is peanuts but hey those peanuts add up if you do enough of them.
AGAIN. There's a limited budget and costs need to deliver the maximum benefit. These HALF-million dollar machines have been to war-- They're not exactly cherry and heir value sitting in some military junkyard is probably less than their scrap value. Not to mention only about 10% are being scrapped-- likely the models which proved the least durable. I think you're being extremely irrational about this. The war's over; downsize the fleet-- historically speaking its pretty standard protocol.

How and why people so dearly want to not hold the damn Commander in Chief responsible for the waste and corruption when its the damn military is beyond my reasoning out.
wasteful and corruption? Just how much money should we spend to bring something back to rot? And what's corrupt about downsizing after war?

All those excuses you gave were put forth by the Pentagon. Do you think the Pentagon runs the CiC or the other way around? bamscum gives a damn order heads will row if its not carried out no matter how damn many stars they have on their shoulders! Bamscum has canned many career officers for much less and also for simply not playing ball with his treason.--Tyr
Disobeying orders, no matter how many stars one has on their shoulders is not only grounds for dismissal, but court martial. UCMJ Art 92. I get that you hate Obama but in the present case you've passed into frothing madness IMHO.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and your Don Juan the bouncer machismo conceals your true calling as a program-level military appropriations analyst. Audit the following:
http://comptroller.defense.gov/defbu...M_Overview.pdf