Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... and Revelarts: let me offer you another answer !

Consider ISIS, and the advances it's made (and still wants to make).

Cue a 2-day cessation of air strikes -- because Lefties advocate it.

Two days goes by. ISIS does its damndest to take advantage, and advances as much as it possibly can over the period. All the while, ISIS regards the disappearing air presence as weakness, lack of resolve (if not both).

At the end of those two days, lives would of course have been lost which would've otherwise been safe, and at least relatively secure. Territory would've been taken that it might actually take weeks of bombing runs to reverse 'ownership' of ... costing how many MORE lives ?

How much extra effort and resources would it take to reverse the damage done by forces taking a temporary 2 day hike ??!!?

And consider: ISIS would in all probability regard the 2 day lull as evidence that hostages being beheaded DID have strategic value to them. How many more hostages would eventually die, Revelarts, as a direct consequence of your Leftie 'scruples' ... ??

So you see, a Leftie approach is pure poison. Destructive in the extreme. I don't care how many other Lefties opt to support you in your thinking !!
    Drummond consider this, If we were to make an unannounced cessation of war activity on 1 day this month then another day next month the savings could be used to PAY to have more experienced men in uniform STAY ON THE JOB for 5 more years and pay their pensions in full. How much work would it take to replace the decades of experience loss in the field and in arrears if we decommission men because we say we say we can't pay them any longer? is that a solid goal Drummond? why do i have to explain this?! Are you going to pay them? Is England going to send us money to do so?

Don't IMAGINE my "liberal Motives", my so-called "liberal agenda" or make up BS about what i REALLY MEAN, i've stated what i really mean. One solution to real one problem. Don't crazily extrapolate my issue specific comment into a some sinister agenda! Sorry to say that's BS Crazy talk Drummond.

You seem MUCH more obsessed with fighting fantasy liberals and BOGGYMAN liberal polices than creating a sensible effort against the terrorist. Or treating our troops with real respect by making sure thay are getting paid and treated well. All the verbal respect and, RAH RAH US Mil, is nice but when they are homeless on the streets because with PTSD they can't keep a job and the VA isn't giving them SQUAT, all your respect to keep your imagined safety for 2 days won't mean jack.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-13-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16