Well, I suppose I should reintroduce myself (although I do own the third post in this thread).

I'm Jeff. I'm 38 and I live in Georgia. Former political junkie - went from die-hard Republican activist to die-hard Libertarian to basically fed up with the American political system, but still generally small-government. Committed Christian - I've been attending Southern Baptist churches since I moved to GA. Separated, going through the final stages of the divorce process. Two boys, 8 and 7, who live with my soon-to-be-ex. I play the bass guitar (5-string bass, specifically; hence the username). I read a lot, mostly about theology/Christian living, but also a lot of history. I love football, especially the Houston Texans (I am responsible for requesting this smiley: ) , Army, Syracuse, and Auburn.

How I found DP: way back in the early days of the internet, maybe 2001, I stumbled across Jim's first board. The level of dialogue was a step above the normal online banter of the day (mainly Yahoo sites), and I joined up. For some reason, Jim thought I might make a good mod; I did that at the old site, then here on the new site once it was established.

dmp and I used to work together back in the day as well. He can vouch for me. (If he wants to.)

Glad to be back.