I'm all set. We didn't really build the cabin for that purpose, but it was a secondary concern.

If Doomsday were to hit, I think roughly half the population would simply wait around in the ruins waiting for someone to come rescue them. That doesn't seem very appealing, but really, what kind of survival skills would your typical city dweller have? Other than rampant looting, I don't think there's any other options. They'll all have really cool Nike shoes, but once the potato chips run out it will get pretty grim.

My biggest concern in that scenario is gasoline. That would truly become worth it's weight in gold in short order. Sure, I've got axes and hand saws, but the boat, ATVs and vehicles need gas and you can't store gas for more than 2 years or so & still be usable, even with stabilizers. And stockpiling 2 years of gas is unfeasible. Every gas station would quickly become heavily defended by a group of people... if they had the foresight to bring a generator to power the pumps, that is. Hard to get the gas out of the underground tanks without that.

I don't think ammo is as big of a concern as the gas. You can stockpile ammo and reloading is no big deal if you have the equipment.