Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    if you are suggesting that we should let enlisted personnel in the armed forces have a veto power over our nation's foreign policy, I think that is absurd in the extreme.

No, only officers are smart enough to have that power. They and the MSM, along with folks like Cindy Sheehan should be the ONLY ones with any say. In fact, we should not allow enlisted personnel to vote either!

34K Iraq civilians died violent deaths last year. Guess how many violent deaths there were in the US last year! Things are not going well. Gates says they are not going well. Petraeus said they are not going well...Bush said they are not going well..... Cheney and you and the rest of the stepford conservatives on here seem to think differently. Why am I not surprised?
    I have intentionally tried to stay out of the running gun battle between some Officer/Enlisted vets because it think it is a huge waste of time. However, whenever anyone suggests that enlisted service folks are stupid or in any way second class or imply such, they need to be taken to task.

Enlisted servicemen and women have every right to their opinion; as much right as every single anti-war protestor and MSM talking head and politician. And yes, even as much right to their opinion as retired Navy commanders! Yes, they even have as much right to vote as any other citizen in this country.
    Last edited by CSM; 01-29-2007 at 12:13 PM.