Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
That's a good summation Jim.
the ignore function is a good tool to minimize one or 2 people.

But if practically the whole board is after you, then what happens is the individual just leaves.
I honestly don't see the whole board doing such things. I don't want to use names, but we have quite a few members not involved in such stuff, and I think a small handful that might rush to judgment. But trust me, I know what you're saying.

Gabby has put up with sporadic LOADS of crap from many over the time i've been here.
Tis true, and she's another member that refuses to use the ignore button AND she gives as good as she gets. If she ignored like 5 people she would be golden. I won't highlight some of the gems written over many years by her as well. The writing goes both ways, as does the ignore button. Most people earn what they get. Don't earn it, and place the few on ignore... It's not the ENTIRE board nagging her. I've seen quite a few threads supporting her even.

I don't think Arbo(sp?) ever flamed or attacked anyone but he was hit pretty hard by lots of folks regularly if i remember. Maybe i'm thinking of another Muslim guy.
Arbo was mostly a troll and was not Muslim, you may be confused. The only Muslim I recall was Jafar.

but i can't think of one of the muslims that have visited here being rude. A few real liberals fired off a few shots right after walking in the door, but it's sad to see the "mob" hit on visitors with a lot of ridiculous personal attacks on their intelligence, morality, religion, citizenship, patriotism etc...
maybe i'm not in sync with what people expect to do and hear on political board.

But there's no ignoring that kinda thing.
I don't recall a Muslim being a troll/rude either, at least not directly.

I've seen folks from either side come in with guns loaded and start trouble. I've seen members, as you point out, get bombarded not long after arriving. But I still say, it's by a small handful, not the majority here. Perhaps others don't chime in, or aren't logged in, but it's far from the majority somehow attacking all new arrivals here. But of course, even a minority can scare off new members, sadly.

Of course the personal stuff will be the things you point out, as that's the kind of things we mostly discuss here. Granted, there are different ways, kinder ways, of pointing out and discussing. But go take a peek at USMB, or really ANY political board out there - and sadly they are all the same. I can PM you links if you like, of the top boards out there, and you won't see much of a difference. IMO - if you look at other places - the chaos is MUCH MUCH less here, and we moderate much much less here. Some say lower moderation leads to chaos, but I really don't see that here like I do at other places.

But you will NEVER find a political board without fighting and trolls, unless it's a very heavy handed operation that tosses anyone that remotely gets angry and speaks out - akin to DU.