I tried the limited exposure of just a message board to interact with fellow Americans. It largely hasn't been a positive experience. My life with Indians and Brazilians has been largely positive.

I'm pretty knowledgeable in US Immigration paperwork. I'm also pretty sharp in how to get hired with multi-national companies. I'm also razor sharp in how to solve programming problems most have given up on. I'm also a world class researcher. India and Brazil are two big outsourcing destinations. Indians particularly appreciate when I solve their problems.

How to make and keep an Indian friend:

1) Help them with Immigration issues
2) Help them find a job with a multi-national corporation
3) Be available when they get stuck writing code

It's as simple as 1-2-3 ! Of course "my fellow Americans" think I have no redeeming qualities and no talent. Indians do. Go with what works. I will check in with Jim from time-to-time. He seems to think he can learn something from me. Since I have no redeeming qualities and no talent, please don't complain that I'm helping Indians take American jobs. Remember: Americans don't need my incompetent help with no redeeming qualities. I like how logical Indians are. I find them reasonable to interact with. And no my wife is not miserable. She says it's reassuring to be married to a problem solver. You see I won't cry over a friend's problems; I will fix my friends problems.

It's time to learn to enjoy watching Bollywood.