Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
There are more rational candidates it seems to me with far superior, and actual, conservative credentials that could use the support. I fear that there are too many who just glom on to the "talk first, 'splain later (or not at all)" ethos.

To me this all speaks to the need to educate the populace on actual conservative values even to those who already support the party. It's startling to me that even Fox is starting to anger the same people who would reliably rise to defend them before.
It is this attitude that pushes his supporters ever further away. It implies that others would feel the way you do if only they understood things as well as you do.

I support Trump... somewhat... for his stance on kick out the illegals. That does not make me any less knowledgeable about conservative values than what you, Kathianne, and Gunny have. It only means my focus is different than yours. To me the illegal situation is the most important situation of all. We stop the illegals or they will destroy any chance for conservative success.