I'm not sure if this belongs in the Religion forum or not, if it doesn't then please move it to wherever it belongs.

I've wondered about the word Judeo-Christian. The first time I remember hearing this word was shortly after 9/11. I always thought this was used by pro-Israeli groups to generate support for a pro-Israel political agenda and maybe some funding too. I never gave it much more thought than that.

A couple of days ago one of my neighbors had some of the neighborhood guys over to chat a bit and drink some cool refreshing beverages out on his deck. We were talking about the news and someone used the word Judeo-Christian. Two of the guys were Jewish and they both were livid over the use of that word, they see it as an attempt by fundamentalist Christians to water down or redefine their religion. I was a little surprised because I'd always assumed the word was created by Jews for political reasons. I was even more surprised by the fact that the people defending use of the word were all republicans, RINOs and Tea Party types.

I've noticed that Judeo-Christian has been used in this forum too along with in the news, almost always Fox from what I've seen. I'm interested to hear what people think about this word. Are you for it's use? Do you think it's stupid? If you use it why do you use it? If you don't use it why do you think others use it? If there are any Jewish people in the forum I'd love to hear your opinion on this.