With all of the craziness over shooting deaths - why is there very little attention to details like this? Do people around the nation just not care about people in Chicago? IMO, someone dying is someone dying. If there's an area or a pattern somewhere, folks want it addressed. Unless it's in Chicago. I don't get it. Maybe there's a reason that the big dogs at the top don't point out Chicago? And I have to be honest, even in the black world, where the voices have become much louder and much more heard, I don't hear a lot of complaining or concern there either.

-----

A violent September in Chicago ended with more homicides than any other month this year and the second-most shootings, according to data kept by the Chicago Tribune's breaking news desk. Though the summer months in Chicago have traditionally been the most violent, shootings last month decreased little from August and there were about 50 percent more shootings than September 2014.

Looking beyond 2012, last month was the city's deadliest September since 2002, according to a Tribune analysis. For two consecutive weekends there were more than 50 people shot, the first time that has happened in the four years that the Tribune has been tracking shootings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-chi...htmlstory.html