I had a $2.99 African Dwarf Frog.

I've had trouble getting him to eat from day one, but he's been around for awhile nonetheless. He's become my little buddy over time, and has become less and less afraid of me. 2 days ago he started developing a fungus like issue, which happens in aquariums, and more so with the amphibian creatures. I ran to the store and bought 2 different types of anti-fungal medications meant for the frogs. I changed 50% of the water, removed the carbon and put the solution into the tank. This was to be done 2x daily.

This morning I noticed it was larger, almost looking like cotton on his head. I kept up with the dosage and monitored him. I noticed the current of the water was starting to knock him around, meaning he was getting weaker. I turned down the flow of the water a bit. I had to run out for a few hours. I just came home and found him upside down at the bottom of the tank. Poor little bugger. I hope he didn't suffer at all. I wonder how much pain and such they feel?

Anyway, kinda bummed me a bit. I know he was only 3 dollars, but I hate to see animals die. Now it's going to make me feel sad for a few days. I know, that sounds retarded, but it's true.

RIP little froggy!! Here he was in better days, before his head turned into a fungus ball!