Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
The UK is fast becoming 'a country of immigrants' itself, never more so than in recent years. Why ? Because our LEFTIES made sure of it.

The beliefs and attitudes you are displaying, FJ, strongly resemble those which our more 'liberal' people on this side of the Pond would identify with. Such attitudes facilitate the erosive effect such immigration has.

But here's the difference - America, regardless of your 'country of immigrants' argument, nonetheless has its Constitution, and still, nonetheless, created its own national identity. Roosevelt wanted that preserved, obviously, and his mindset, properly applied, worked towards that reality. But unrestrained tolerance of immigration, and insistence that it becomes the norm, MURDERS that identity.

Roosevelt obviously understood that, and as a true patriot, stood up for his own country AS ITS OWN COUNTRY. Your own country, today, and most certainly my own, could do with a lot more of this in their political lives.
We are ALL from immigrants. That isn't the issue with me. English people are mostly Euro/French. Scots and Irish are Nordic. Your country and mine seem to have an affinity for being invaded from within by our own stupid rules.