http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...fe-spaces.html

At Brown University – like Harvard, one of the eight elite Ivy League universities – theNew York Times reported students set up a “safe space” that offered calming music, cookies, Play-Doh and a video of frolicking puppies to help students cope with a discussion on how colleges should handle sexual assault.
A Harvard student described in theuniversity newspaper attending a “safe space” complete with “massage circles” that was designed to help students have open conversations.
This hesitancy to engage in the dialogue of debate – and, in its most extreme form, the sense that hearing opposing opinions can cause damage to the psyche – has seeped from the campus to the classroom.
I've asked my kids about this new idea that college kids need to be free of controversy and need these "safe zones". My son, who attends a predominantly engineering school, simply says they're to busy with hard classes to whine about this stuff. My daughter attends a more liberal college, but we're in Indiana so this isn't going on at her school either.

Personally I think these kids have been mollycoddled their entire lives by parents with more money than sense and in the absence of real racism in their lives now need to look for "micro aggressions" or "trigger words" in order to have something to complain about.