Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
A theory where the vast majority of hundreds of thousands of bright scientists agree on is one I put my money on. The big bang theory is not just some random idea someone thought in their basement while smoking weed.
I'l listen to a big group of scientist but I also want to see the pros and cons of the idea explained to me so i can make my best judgment. if a minority of scientist seem to make more sense based on the evidence I may side with the minority on ANY issue in science politics or whatever.
the size of the group makes no difference in whether or not something is true or false.

reality and science are not determined by votes.

Your BB fail thread is full of myths and misconceptions.
name ONE. and correct it please I'll admit to any real factual errors.
but it seems your "science" is based on majority opinion of the day.

A simple google search debunks most of these.
post ONE please. I'll admit to any real factual errors.
and but remember a reply to the idea doesn't mean it's a good one.
The answer itself has to be sound, and not ANOTHER hypothesis before it solidly refutes an observational point.

Most importantly I must stress this one final time. The big bang theory does NOT describe the trigger. It is a theory that describes the expansion and evolution of the universe. NOT it's moment of creation. I'm sick and tired of that coming up.
um, I listed about 16+ points and only part of 1 point touches on "the trigger". Not sure why you feel the need to "stress" something that's not really addressed in the bulk of the reply.