Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
The pot is no big deal.
Depends on state law and whether it's possession or distribution. Distribution and he's got serious issues. But even possession of that amount can be serious, or at least a regular felony charge. I grew up in NJ, and it would STILL be potentially facing 5-10 years for that amount there! Yeah, they need to fix these laws, IMO, or just legalize. Methinks you are in Alaska, where it's legal now, and don't realize it's still like murder in some other places! LOL

But that meth and xanax is, and combine that with only 4 of those guns registered to him - if any are stolen, he's going to get hammered hard. Stolen guns and hard drugs found together are a big no no.
They ain't playing around with meth. He MAY be able to find a doc to help him get around the Xanax charges, but doubtful. But meth, you're "cooked"!

I'm not sure why the cops would make him open his safe when they were investigating a sexual assault. He must have had some drug related items laying out in the open to change their focus or something, I don't know how things work in NV... but I understood it to be they had to look for things in areas related strictly to the search warrant, not a full tear-your-house-apart raid.

Unless he opened the door when they knocked and told them 'yes' when they asked if they could look around. In which case I'd have to reassess my buddy's story about Chum being a pretty smart guy!
That's his fight, to try and toss out what they found based on the warrant, that's his only hope. But if they were looking for photos/movies or anything like that, they may say that the safe is an obvious place. I dunno. Or yeah, maybe the dumbass had a scale sitting on top of the safe for all I know!