Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You're so full of shit right now.
    and your full of love? your not even polite when we talk DMP.
    Why the chip on your shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts
    And i have to say again, maybe a bit more plainly, Jesus reaffirmed marriage and condemned divorce.
    I'll stick with his views on this until i get an update myself. You're of course free to think as you will DMP.
    It's not unloving to disagree.
    No he didn't. (shrug)

Christ affirmed King David - and many other Godly men - while they had dozens of wives AND concubines. Were they out of favor with Christ?
    ...and then Christ and Grace happen. God clearly talks about the church as his bride; and Christ the bridegroom through the new testament. Based on Christ's comment's on marriage - about the two becoming one flesh - The church IS Christ in that sense. I'm sorry if you disagree, but take it up with the authors of the Bible.

Well you quote it yourself DMP "about the two becoming one flesh" .

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
    Matthew19

Jesus doesn't promote anything but "2 becoming one" and "male and female" in marriage.
    that's it. if your looking for anything else you have make it up and shoe horn it in.
    And we see here that that he doesn't say anything about OTHERS from the outside of that union coming in as an addition or breaking them apart. he says as Genesis does, "let no one separate".

As i mentioned dmp you may think you know better. fine. no hard feeling from me.
    We disagree. I can't honestly read Jesus's words or the other teaching of scripture and pretend that it supports what you seem to be promoting here.

Just as i can't read your words here and honestly assume the love and " Attachment within sexual relationships" you're talking includes sex with animals or the dead. I can't honestly read the words of scripture and assume that "2" "male and female" and "let no one" REALLY means "2 or more" and "all genders any combo".
    It's not an honest reading of the words.

again of course you're free to DO and THINK what ever you like but you can't honestly claim it's what Jesus described.
    You may say it's what you think he meant.. or what buddhist mean... but it's NOT what he said.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-19-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16