We had this workshop thing this morning to work out how counselors were going to deal with the problems relating to gender identity. There were two speakers, a guy who discussed ethics and a "woman" who was not really a women but somewhere in between (big WTF). Here I thought I was a liberal and all and have found out that I'm really not. Because, to me, girls who look like girls are girls. Boys who look like boys are boys. I could care less if you are gay or lesbian. None of my business. But if I'm the bathroom monitor during lunch, don't come telling me that you "feel like a woman" and want to use the girl's bathroom. Homie don't play that game. The alleged female person was horrified that I didn't understand "gender feelings." I told her that if a guy wants to use the girls bathroom, he better be wearing a skirt. Because girls want to be with the girls. And if another girl asks you for a tampon, you damn better have one on you. I discussed this with my very liberated and modern high school age daughter last night. I figured she would understand these things. Instead, she told me that girls get "creeped out" at the thought of any guys in a girls restroom. She does know a transgender guy who wants to be a girl at school. But, strangely enough, he is OK with using the boys restroom. Am I going to lose my liberal standing over my failure to understand gender identity? I still hug trees and all.