Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
He can find a very good trust attorney, or law firm to oversee the company. I do not think it can be that hard. If an attorney can oversee an estate they can oversee President Elect Trump's company.

Am I wrong here?
Yes. There is a huge difference between an active real estate/business portfolio than liquidating an estate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
But if the Trump kids are directly employed at his organization, and already run several things, I really don't know what the alternative is. They should certainly be able to continue their careers. As for what they tell him, that's a sticky one. Even if there were 10 blind folks in charge, the kids would still be working there, and I think Donald would still kinda know what would make his business interests more successful regardless. I don't know the answers, but I do think this situation is different than prior presidents. It's rare that one takes office, leaves such a massive business behind & has several children that were helping operate the business, still operate the business.
IIRC Cheney had to, or just did, put in place some rather sophisticated financial mechanisms in place to separate any influence he may wield from his Halliburton stake. Much easier with a public company than a private one though.