Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Awesome grade report!! You and the wife have obviously done quite well as parents. In the current time filled with distractions, it is much more difficult to get kids to study and fulfill their educational obligations.
Congrats to your son!
Nice on the congrats! However, the 'current times' seems to be a built in excuse for not excelling. There have always been 'distractions.' It's the job of parents to make sure the distractions aren't preventing success. Too many electronics? Control the amount of time allowed. Too many activities? Again, parents should have the ultimate control.

OTOH, it's also the parents who know by high school that the average kid can't have a life and be in bed by 10pm when taking a challenging load. Jr year seems to be the 'overload' year, I remember one of my sons also taking 4 AP courses and there were nights he probably didn't get 2 or 3 hours sleep and I was dragging him up at 5 to make his strength training classes. He'd get home at 7 and start all over again. During the day he saw his buddies, know they were texting and im'ing through the homework. It was also an adjustment for both of us to realize that a B was fine in some classes. Choices had to be made.

It's tough on all, but will say that the kid did have a bit over 1 year of college credits before he started university.