Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
You know about Cuba? - So, tell us all about their education and health systems, for example, taking into account the specific features of their economic opportunities.
How to close the Society of China please provide details of the annual Chinese tourist flow and its geography. Then it will be a substantive discussion. Otherwise it is an ordinary liberal bla-bla.
I can tell that Havana has a three-tier health system.
1) The best for those favored by the Communist party. That would be the same people that get to drive modern vehicles.
2) One for visitors/tourists that over-charges and gives barely adequate care. If I get sick in Cuba, I plan to pay whatever late airline booking fees are needed and get treated in Miami.
3) Facilities for everyone else that look like something from the 1800s.

Are you contending that the smaller cities will have better health care than the Capital? I can certainly investigate that next month.

I plan to visit a couple of universities and bring a jump drive with open source programming languages and statistical packages to install on people's machines. You forget that Cuba essentially has no internet. My advice to students who want a career outside of Cuba rather than earn less than US $30 per month is this: Study ADVANCED mathematics. That means Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Mathematical Statistics (including proofs). Also learn SOME programming language, even if it's that crappy DELPHI that they teach in Cuba. That knowledge base will easily translate into Information Technology work in the free world.

BTW: China is not a good option for me because while I do speak Spanish, I don't speak Chinese. Not only that, airfare DFW to Cienfuegos is only $450 round trip and lodging is only $25-30 per day.