My wife and son were apparently out walking the other day and came across someone walking their dog, and they stopped to pet him and say hello. He was a mutt, but apparently cute as hell. ALL dogs are pretty much cute. So my son asked where they got the dog and he said it was a rescue from the pound. My son put the wife on the spot and asked her about doing the same - she actually said maybe!! And then he nagged.... and tomorrow we are all going to the same place I adopted Nero from!!! NO WAY in hell she lets me do that and come home without rescuing one. So I think we may have a new addition tomorrow....

I just want to rescue any dog, so long as he doesn't have a fatal problem, or is too awfully old. Need time to love one before he goes away.

I recall reading this when Jerome passed. Part of me said I would never get a dog again, because I was hurting so much. It still hurts. And this makes me bring a tear still at this moment. But my Pug was the most fantastic dog on earth and I know for sure he would do exactly this!!!

------

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…

To a poor and lonely stray, I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared, shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.

”Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.This is the only thing I can give…The love I left behind. – Author Unknown