Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Anyone ever have Borscht? It's an old-school peasant soup from Russia / Europe made from beets that probably wasn't very good - but when it's kicked up a notch with beef and served with a dollop of sour cream it is heavenly! I've never really cared for beets, but that stuff is amazing.
    AUGHHHHH!!! nooooooo!
    When I went to Germany for the first time, my maternal grandmother served my sister and I borscht. It was DISGUSTING! Mostly the broth, which was thin and sour. The beef was a poor cut. The veggies were OK.
    When I expressed my disgust, my grandmother laughed and said it was about all they had to eat during WW2. Some people gathered up the remains of whatever vegetables they could find, throw in tree bark for season and cook it with water and dirt (yes, dirt).

You put ketchup on hot dogs. You buy a Dodger Dog at the baseball game, you put ketchup on it. No chili, no onions, no mustard. KETCHUP!

Salt on watermelon? None of my family did that and they grew up in Dallas. You eat melon with NOTHING on it.

When my mom and dad eat fried or scrambled eggs, they put salsa on it. Lots of salsa.
    You can put salsa on pretty much everything.

My daughter once had a crush on a guy and went on a lunch date with him. Found out he was a vegetarian. She ordered a steak sandwich and he left.
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 06-15-2017 at 12:36 PM.