Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default More Exploring

As I wrote on the weather thread that Gunny started, went up to Flagstaff today with a friend. We went to a gun shop, she wanted to see if she could have a gun sent from Maine to Flagstaff and then pick up. Yes.

Then we went to Walnut Canyon National Monument. Great place if you are ever in the area. It was my turn to make our picnic, so we had smoked turkey wraps, pretzels, cheese and crackers, grapes, Honey Crisp apples, and La Croix Cherry-Lime.

We chose to do the Island Loop. Lots and lots of stairs. It was a cool day, in the low 60's, even without jackets it was warm enough. It's really a large park, there are many trails, but the Island Loop alone took a bit over 2 hours, so it was getting cold by the time we were finished. Tonight Flag is going down to 30!

https://www.nps.gov/waca/index.htm

Shot of the Snowbowl Mountains in Flagstaff.

While it's not the Grand Canyon, it's still very deep. Normally there isn't water running through, it's been dammed at Lake Mary. While there wasn't any water today, there was this past spring with the heavy snows and the heavy rains, the dam overflowed.

My friend, Janet, exploring on the the rooms of the ruins. Sideways, maybe @jimnyc will fix it?

Attached Images Attached Images

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill