Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
I make a point of not reading Russian propaganda trolls. Been there, done that, no more.

I have a weird new point of view about this kind of issue: I think it's effective, a lot more effective than anything the West does these days about crime and enemies. Although as they made a spies trade, killing all the spies against Russia in England would seem to mitigate against making any future trades, you would think. I can't see why Britain would want to bother doing that again, it just pollutes whole restaurants with exotic nerve gases or highly radioactive poisons. And makes Britain look weak.

But killing criminals or otherwise punishing them severely has not only a deterrent effect against crime but also gets rid of the criminals, which I think is actually what is wanted most. The whole West, America and Europe, is now completely unable to stop anyone from doing anything: we just pamper them and give them lots of attention the worse their crimes are. If they come in illegally hundreds on a rubber raft, the EU rushes out to rescue them, patrols to search and find such people to bring in. If it were me running the zoo, all that would come to a screeching halt, so I admire Putin's -------firm-------- approach to enemies.
Very funny post.
I want to clarify something.
First - the former colonel was handed over to the US as part of a swap deal involving espionage suspects. This is a common practice among Intelligence Services.
Second - this person was a worn out material for his owners, a garbage with NO value neither for Americans, nor for Brits.
Third - Russians are no SO stupid as Americans and Brits, who believed in such a bull shit to arrange themselves anti Russian information campaign just before presidential election.
Some one here asked to follow a formal logic. But there are two necessary conditions for this:
1. To have brains,
2. To be accustomed to use them.