Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    This one is good against all the screw the poor, pro-capitalist types.
    Hey kid.... why don't you put your money where your big mouth is, take a large percentage of your money and give it to charity like many of us conservatives do instead of acting like you're a candidate for sainthood?

For your information, I give a larger percentage of my income to charity than Al Gore (10%). I'll wager that a lot of others on this board give quite a bit, too. That's above and beyond what I'm required to pay in taxes, child support, college tuition for my kid, Social Security and so forth

So, shut the pie hole, kid, unless you're doing the same!

There is nothing in the Bible that tells people to remain poor... one of the Beatitudes is "Blessed are the poor in spirit (meaning humble)..."

Nowhere is there any mention made that Christians should support a coercive form of taxation that fund ineffective government programs that create phony baloney government jobs rather than helping the people they are intended to help. Instead, we are called as individuals to give to churches and charities (which is hard to do if the government has all the dough).

The best way to eliminate poverty is to make conditions that create wealth, not through charity.... charity is for those individuals who are down and out and can't make ends meet, or are unable to take care of themselves. It is not meant to be a permanent condition!

We are to give to the poor, not make damn sure they remain that way so they can remain dependent on our charity....
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 07-15-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan