Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
I started my martial arts training in Tampa, FL, from a black arts (supposed), Ninja. I did get real good with Numb Chucks and the bow staff. But this dude named Danny said that black Ninja training was against the law because of how lethal it was, so we would train in parks and on the beach and whatever. Well... this guy had trained in other dojos around Tampa and had been (supposedly) let go because he was teaching black Ninja arts and not white. I still have no idea what the heck that was all about, but I enrolled in a regular dojo after that. Took Taekwondo at the Aikido Chuseikan dojo until the day I left Tampa, about 2 1/2 years. But I'm getting old and fat, and I need exercise, and I can't think of a better way to get in shape than to get back into martial arts.
Try tai chi. It's easy on your joints, and despite what is sold, it IS a martial art. When one of the emperors outlawed martial arts for peasants (kind of like the left outlawing guns today -- to disarm the public -- the yang movements were removed and it was turned into a "dance" by using only the softer yin movements.

If your back's as hosed as you say, you might want to consult your physician first.