Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Next time that happens, take every last piece out and clean them individually. Sometimes it can be just the video card, and the machine allows basic but won't boot on over heated card. Could be HDD, memory, CPU, motherboard. I'm a parts keeper, I like to take it all out, rebuild and find bogus pieces, replace and rebuild. And if not, test and keep good pieces for future use!

Your new one - I LOVE the I7, that's an awesome processor and you'll be pleased with the processing power! If me, I would add another 4gig of memory, you're that close, have the full 16! 1 terabyte drive should be more than enough for the life. And that's a great price! I build and sell, and that's about cost for me after build before any testing and profit! Great deal there.

If you need some software, hit me up, I may be able to help.
    I bought this newest computers little brother, the HP Pavilion 570-023, with an i5 but also 128G-SSD. It's real fast and so far I love it, so I'm hoping I'll like the big brother HP as well.

Yeah I did get a screen right before the computer just kept giving me the black BIOS info screen that some important file was missing. I did do a bunch of hard turn offs so I probably corrupted the OS, but it was running so slow that is was just one step up from total lock up. I couldn't get anywhere in the utilities or programs to try anything to fix it, it just sat there and did nothing after you click on something. I'll scavenge the PNY video card and give the hard drive the Hitlery treatment. Maybe put the rest on craigslist for $50. I mean it is old. It was designed around W7, and it's time to move on from that. It never ran right with W10 in it either.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.