Yesterday was the be-bop's first birthday. So I got him a little baby pool at Dollar General (big spender, I know ). I get home and find out I had grabbed 2 pools. My granddaughters who could rival ANY cat burglars in the world made a big deal about it and I just said I'd pay for it tomorrow (today). No big deal. That of course is not going to shut up 5 and 9 years old girls for jack.

So I go back today and got my chips and sodas and told the guy I owed him $8 for the pool because I grabbed 2 instead of one. He didn't know what to do and couldn't believe I came back to pay for it. He told me not to worry about it. Wrong. He had to call his manager. I take it there's not a test to work at Dollar General. The manager thanked me for not screwing him on his inventory and it was done.

Don't know about anyone else but I would have drove myself nuts knowing I hadn't paid the measly $8 for the pool.

Then it hit me. When I was younger I remember watching my grandfather argue with the cashier at HEB because she gave him a dime too much in change. I've turned into my grandfather

There are worse people I could be like