Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
There's different kinds of "hot" and it determines physical activity. In the hi desert, you could run in 110 degree heat once you were acclimatized. You get less oxygen and can't breath after a quarter mile. Here, it's heat AND humidity and you best know what you are dong if you're outside doing physical activity or it will kill you.

I'm too old for all that crap. I've half a hair-brained scheme to try and get up at 5 and run every morning. No traffic, no people, grandkids aren't awake and tearing anything up yet (school's out in 2 days), not too hot yet. Everything is right about it except the getting my ass up at 5AM part
Lots of mornings I'm up by 5:00, but 6:00 is my usual, anything later is kinda rare, unless I been on a bender. But getting up and going running, ain't gonna happen...

I do have to get in the shower though, I should head out and see about getting a little more of my raking done. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel around my lilac bush, and that's the last change I'm going to make in my lawn. If I could finish that up I could sprinkle some grass seed for the Wednesday rain coming.