So I was expecting a package from USPS on Saturday. It was listed as DELIVERED at 7:07pm, but I was outside!! It was NOT delivered.

Long story short, they delivered it today, so all is cool. This is the tint meter.

My windshield must allow 70% of light to transmit through. It is right on the dot, so all is great! The 2 front side windows are the same, must allow 70% of light to be transmitted through. One tests at 66% and the other at 67%. Yikes. But they look SO clear, so hopefully all will be ok.

Something I just thought of though that I doubt NO ONE has ever been confronted with before, but then again... the only places I can see this happening is NY or Texas - for folks that have decided to tint their entire windshield. I did that of course, and everything is legal. But NY places an inspection sticker & a registration sticker on your windshield. Inspection places use a 10" scraping tool and will maul that area of your window when replacing!! I'm starting to think I may be replacing the windshield tint yearly.

BUT, I also got this in the mail today, so this will make me happy for a day or 2! Or until the wife sees it and takes it from me so I don't irresponsibly spend it in less than 3 hours.