Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Yup, paper plates all the way. Been using them for decades. I do splurge for the more rigid ones though. I usually use the same glass over and over too, just rinse it out when I'm done with it. The only thing I go through like crazy is my pots and pans and silverware. I do like to cook, and I've trying to pare down recipes so I'm only cooking for one, unless I want the leftovers.

Watching some vids and it looks like Kathianne with her All-Clad is the winner. I just might try and ween myself off non stick all together. I have known that All-Clad is high quality stuff but it's been the price that's held me back, but if a pan lasts virtually forever, then it's actually worth the money, and cheaper in the long run. I do occasionally cook something that I want to finish in the oven, so it's good to have an all metal pan. Some say you can put these pans with the plastic kind of handles in the oven but I just don't trust that.

All-Clad does go on sale, I've grabbed huge savings at both Amazon and Macy's. If you buy, also grab Barkeeper's Friend, best cleaner ever made for Cookware.