Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
Hard to give an accurate count, since about a year back, in a rage , I deleted about 120 of my poems at my poetry site. Many of those were first and second place contest winners- thus they vanished from my stored contest page. I just checked those showing there and counted 34 first place, 31 second place and I did not bother with counting any of the third, fourth and fifth place winning numbers.
Truth is many contest sponsors there have their favorites they always award first place to, regardless of reading far better contest entries.
For my having never been in one of the strong-well established cliques there I seem to do amazingly well. (knock on wood)
Better to judge with there is the numbers, quality and depth of positive replies ones poems receive there--as well as the high standard of poetic work of the poets making those comments.
And by that measure I do fantastically well, IMHO..
I was hesitant to answer only because I did not want to seem to be bragging on myself my good friend-- but since it was you asking(A fine fellow poet) and friend, I felt compelled to give as best figures as I could find on my home poetry site. -Tyr
I totally understand the favorites aspect of that site. In my opinion, stating a fact is not bragging.