No doubt the liberals are opting out! And I have to wonder how long before one of them files some sort of abuse lawsuit, even if it doesn't involve them, and it's legal.

I remember when I was in catholic school to prepare for my communion and confirmation, and the nuns wouldn't hesitate to whip out a ruler on you if you were bad! It was more embarrassing and scary than it was painful in any way. I surely learned to behave in school and not disturb the class!

---

Local school reinstates paddle policy

HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- An area school recently sent home consent forms informing them of a new corporal policy at an area school. The superintendent says they’ve received a little over a hundred forms back, a third of them giving consent to paddle their child.

In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” said Jody Boulineau, Superintendent of GSIC.

GSIC is going old school with a new policy for this year.

"There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn't have the problems that you have,” the Superintendent said.

You heard that right. Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, a K through 9 charter school, is bringing back paddling students as a form of discipline.

"It's just one more tool that we have in our disciplinary toolbox that we can use,” Superintendent Boulineau said.

Parents got a "consent to paddle form" asking them if they're ok with administrators hitting their child with a wooden paddle.

"There's no obligation, it's not required. A parent can either give consent for us to use that as a disciplinary measure or they can deny consent," he said.

The form spells it out: a student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle.

The form says no more than three licks should be given. Superintendent Boulineau says the parent response has been across the board.

" I've heard 'great, it's about time, 'we're so glad that this is happening again, they should've never taken it out of schools'. All the way to 'oh my goodness I can't believe you are doing that'."

A controversial policy that hasn't been around for years. If parents opt out of paddling, they have to agree to up to 5 days of suspension.

Rest - http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Loc...492634691.html