Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
Got it, so hitting full grown adults is not ok, but defenseless children is okay to hit. It's not okay to hit dogs, but okay to hit little kids. Got it!
I don't see how you have latitude to adopt a judgmental tone in any of this, Pete. I've repeatedly asked you for your own alternative to smacking a child, as part of a process of making one behave. You've not provided one.

If you were right and we were wrong, you'd have a means of showing us the error of our ways. But, you don't.

So tell me, why are you making comparisons between children and adults ? Do adults have the same need for discipline as children ? Are adults every bit as impervious to reason as children are ?

THIS is why an alternative to reasoning with a child is highly necessary, Pete, because so many will ignore such efforts if they're made, if they feel like it.

Pete ... really ... why aren't these arguments obvious to you ? Are you so mired in your 'PC' rot that you're deliberately blind to anything, no matter how eminently sensible, that's put to you ??

... Silly question. Yes, I know ....