I saw a few days ago that the Mueller "Investigation" is charging Manafort with lying to them, and presumably they want to yank his plea deal.

Liberal hack outlets like the disgraced CNN immediately interpreted this as an indication that Mueller has so much damaging material on Trump that they don't need Manafort anymore.

I have an alternate explanation, which CNN would obviously never think of, or at least wouldn't publish because of their extreme liberal bias. Suppose you're Mueller and after two years, 20 million spent, and all kinds of new coverage, you find that you have a weak case against Trump. Suppose all the information you're getting from people like Manafort is leading to no crimes by Trump, nothing related to collusion, and the only charges you can make is that some of these guys lied during interrogation, or you found crimes but they had nothing to do with Russia or with collusion. What do you do? If Mueller can't find collusion after all this time and effort, he will look like a complete and utter fool to the entire world when he completes the investigation without charges of Russian collusion.

What do you do? You start destroying your witnesses. Start saying they've been lying to you, and their lies are the only thing that kept your from coming up with a good case. I think that's what he's starting to do with Manafort.

I could be wrong, but I guess we will see some time soon.