Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Firstly ... congratulations are in order. Farah, I applaud your approach. Instead of merely posting material, you are now making efforts to enter into debate. This is what we're here for !

I have a couple of questions (granted, they don't particularly address the main subject, though I still think there's relevance in them ..).

1. You say 'You should take your soldiers away as quick as possible'. I want to get the fullest sense of why you say that. Is it a friendly piece of advice, or, is its fullest meaning that of a more intolerant spirit ? I ask because I don't get any sense from your posting that you adopt any pro-Western sympathies, to put it mildly.

2. I noted that in a previous post, you included this ... I quote verbatim:

Please explain your use of quotation marks. This comes across as a non-acceptance of the accuracy of what you're saying. Are you implying that the US should not be regarded as an ally ? More critically, perhaps ... you also seem to question (from the same level of judgment employed) a questioning of whether ISIS ever seized the region they in fact HAD seized.

It's possible to discern from all of this that you're fundamentally anti-US, and critical of reports which objectively describe ISIS's actions. From this, I must ask: do you retain sympathy, or any level of support at all, for ISIS .. ?

You were also invited to enter a debate in my first topic, but you did not, because you didnt like to face with facts.

Yes this is a friendly advice, we would not like to harm our allies. There are not only US units, there are units from different Western countries. I put it in quotes because yes we are allies on the paper but most of Turkish people (at least %60-70) does not like and even hates US govt. It is nothing different for US too, US dont likes Turkiye (and dont like many other countries) but see them as "tools" to achieve their goals. So in summary we are allies because US needs Turkiye in this region. US govt also wants to take control of their "allies" and they hate the ones they cant control, for example current Turkish govt. I put the "seize" part into question marks because most of people around ME thinks that ISIS is just a theatre and just another tool used by different countries, especially by US.
    Last edited by Farah; 12-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.