Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
I probably wouldn't be against!

I look back to when I was that age. I was busy worrying about school or a shitty job until after school. I had no idea what money was yet. I certainly didn't understand foreign affairs. Just a tad about how difficult the economy is. You can go on and on and on about subjects, and the majority of them, and then some more, will be things that kids just don't know about yet, haven't engaged yet. Abortion is another just popped into my head.

At first glance, this isn't even a political issue to me - but it's obviously so important and then therefore a political issue.

And please, don't compare to military and any other age limited things, as it's unfair and ain't much related to or equivalent to our voting.
By the time I was 20 I had already been sent into a warzone by the very government which would not have allowed me to vote had the age limit been 21.

I think its RIDICULOUS that we have all these different ages. 18 to vote, 18 to sign a contract , 16 to consent to sex, 21 to drink, 16 to drive a car............ ETC ETC. A person is either an adult or not across the board.