Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
I never shave. I just run a little beard trimmer around now and then. I do have a 'cammo' cordless Norelco. I believe I bought that to properly shave when my Dad passed away back in 2012. Haven't used it since, and out of curiosity from this thread I checked it. Deader'n a door nail. I'm going to see if it'll take a charge.

The only time I can remember shaving my mustache off in my life was for basic training, and I usually always have some kind of chin hair or a full beard. Full beard in the winter for sure.
Some of the older Philips (Norelco, in American money) shavers don't have good batteries ... OK if used constantly, but if left uncharged for long periods, they don't hold a charge well afterwards, neither when it comes to properly recharging, or keeping whatever charge they do manage to hold. The 'Quadra' series of Philips rotaries were known for it. With yours, you might be lucky and it'll charge, but it's likely that the batteries won't stay charged for long.

I grew a beard just once, a couple of decades ago, while I was holidaying in Portugal. Decided I looked like a scruffy thug, so shaved it off again just before my flight back to Heathrow ... never regrown it since ....