Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
If a male has their elementary ed degree and his background check comes back clear, I would consider him the same as any female. There are men that are nurturing and really like teaching small kids. I have to say though, I've not come across any I've taught with below grade 5. It could be discrimination as any male that considers lower elem his calling is automatically considered a pedophile.

Yet, there's many more females that have abused their students and tend to receive many fewer prison years, sometimes just loss of license and registering as sex offender.
Honestly "he might be a pedophile" has never crossed my mind. And we have hired a few male teaches over my objections over the years, and I'm not saying every woman is suited to teach elementary school either, hell I think there are a LOT of women teaching who have no business doing so. But in general I stand by my belief that women make better elementary teachers than men.

I also believe men are better high school math and science teachers in general than women.

Among other areas where I think each sex has strengths and weaknesses that should be accounted for.