This is another insanity story. And how the hell can this be legal? If I found out that my kid came home from high school one day, and I found out they performed some kind of procedure on him and inserted anything.

---

Teen Experiences Serious Complications after School Inserts Birth Control Implant Without Parental Consent

Recently, a mother of a Digital Harbor High School student in Baltimore, Md., was shocked and dismayed to discover that her daughter was suffering complications from an implanted birth control device that she didn't even know was there. Nicole Lambert's then-sixteen-year-old daughter was complaining of arm pain, so her mother took her to the pediatrician, who discovered that an improperly inserted Nexplanon birth control device was the culprit. It was the school nurse who inserted it.

A mother learned her 16-year-old daughter received a birth control implant at school after the teen started complaining about headaches and a pain in her arm.https://t.co/Qh2K2z4xYA

— WMAR-2 News (@WMAR2News) October 1, 2019
PJ Media reached out to the Lambert's attorney, David Ledyard, for comment. "There's no transparency in the training or certification of the school health centers," he said. "Are they looking at the medical history of the students and doing a full workup before implanting these devices? What is the certification process and training of the nurses?"

Ledyard has been trying to get this information from the school but has been stonewalled for over a month. Lambert has put in a formal request for her daughter's medical file, but the school has yet to turn it over.

"It's important to [the mother] that this is not about birth control. If her daughter had needed it, she would have consented to get it," said Ledyard. Lambert's main issue is with what the school did — implanting Nexplanon is an invasive procedure that should require oversight by a parent. The mother told ABC, "They call me for Tylenol, but they don't call me about birth control." And in this case, it caused a major problem that required surgical removal.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/baltimo...school-silent/