The fight between Obama and Hillary is getting good. Now Obama compares the Red Queen to Pres Bush

That should fire things up

Obama likens Hillary to Bush
By Christina Bellantoni
July 27, 2007

Sen. Barack Obama yesterday suggested Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's foreign policy smacks of "Bush-Cheney lite," in a spat dominating the Democratic presidential contest.

The two senators have fired political shots all week since a debate question about meeting with leaders from rogue nations, but the rhetoric sharpened yesterday and other White House hopefuls joined in.

Mrs. Clinton, New York Democrat, dismissed the back-and-forth as "silly," then accused Mr. Obama, Illinois Democrat, of abandoning his "hope" message.

The dust-up began at Monday's debate when Mr. Obama said "I would" meet, without preconditions, the leaders of U.S. enemies and explained his reasoning. Mrs. Clinton responded next, saying, "I will not promise" and noted such visits could be used as propaganda.

She later assumed the mantle of experience and told a newspaper that her rival's willingness to meet with such leaders was "irresponsible" and "naive." He countered by characterizing her October 2002 vote for the Iraq war with the same words.

"If we want fundamental change, then we can't be afraid to talk to our enemies," he said yesterday, keeping the fight alive in a Concord, N.H., campaign speech.

"I'm not afraid of losing the PR war to dictators, I'm happy to look them in the eye and say what needs to be said," he asserted without mentioning Mrs. Clinton. "I don't want a continuation of Bush-Cheney; I don't want Bush-Cheney lite."

Obama adviser David Axelrod did not retract the Bush-Cheney remark when asked about it on CNN. Mr. Obama characterized the Bush administration's foreign policy as "obsessed with talking tough and then not acting very smartly
http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs...107270099/1001