Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Quite. But this is typical of the BBC ... a news outfit that, whenever asked or challenged, fiercely defends its 'neutrality'.

The BBC is the UK's State broadcaster. UK citizens are COMPELLED, BY LAW, to fund all this. Not paying a licence fee to the BBC is actually a criminal offence here (though, to be fair, Boris is considering decriminalisation of non-payment).

In the days of GWB's Presidency, news reporters reported (I assume ?) at least relatively accurately on stories involving him. But they did so in a sneering way. It became no secret (because the BBC had an interest in seeing to it that we all thought this) that he was regarded as as being an idiot, possessing an 'ignorant' worldview. A satirical new quiz, called 'Have I Got News For You', played clips designed to push that characterisation for all it was worth.

We had a total lack of attack-pieces against Obama, though. 'Strangely'.

You know, HPD ... I'd absolutely love it if Americans turned away from the BBC. They should, in my view, given the obvious truth of its anti-American bias. Your people are offered BBC programming as a subscription service, is that correct ? I'd love that market to run dry.
    I hate to say this bro, but from what I gather from your informing posts and observations, the UK doesn't sound much better than communist China or Russia when it comes to what it allows people to hear and read. Just unreal.

I might revise the above statement to... "your state run media"... at least you still have the ability to search the internet without restrictions... I assume.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-27-2020 at 10:35 AM.