Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
The answer to all of this, ultimately, is remarkably simple. Yet, you're seemingly determined not to recognise it ... and I have to wonder 'why'.

Trust and relationships have indeed formed. Of course they have, and from a good and solid basis.

You recognise the process. You studiously ignore and dismiss its value. Why is that ?

Sassy is known here not from just a couple of posts in one thread, but from a great many posts in many threads. I suggest to you that they all count for something.

You are new here. But you're also showing us - if I may be blunt - unsupportable arrogance. Trust and long-standing, detailed proof of the basis for it, easily outweigh (& massively so) the case which you still persist in trying to build.

Speaking for myself, I'll only say that the more determined your effort, the more questionable your true motivations become.

I'm saying no more on this.
You didn't actually say anything here, considering that I already stated that I recognized that relationships had already been formed. I also stated that I respected those. Loyalty to your friendship with sassy can certainly be worth more than the posts of a newcomer, regardless of the actual truth. I respect your decision to steer clear of being objective, and of the way sassy misused the quote in post 25. Some of your earlier posts suggested that you had some interest in objective discussion, but I certainly respect that the loyalty of your friendship with her is more important.

I may not be a fit for this small community, especially if objective discussion and debate are not welcome. There is much for a newcomer to learn about the social ins and outs of such a small community, but I will hang on a little longer. It would be strange for me to have to drop my position on this thread without seeing an objective agreement of everything that has been said, but it really is fascinating to see such a notion in play.