Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I don't know about the differences between the strains either, but remember they said that the east coast was dealing with the strain out of Italy; while CA was hit directly with the strain out of China.

The link though was about masks, IF they'd been encouraged from the get go. That's on the science guys, more concerned with PPE shortages than the general public. Likely the most significant factor in shutting down the country the first time. They out and out lied, I posted it the same day the Surgeon General said it. I said that it might be the factor in losing the Presidency.

I do agree with the author that Trump giving up the anti-mask take may help for the election. Will it be enough? Dunno.
They definitely identified 2 different strains, but I've yet to see reports/stats on how the infections/deaths are different between them. The one is even more contagious they say.

Yup, I disagreed with the AG from day one and said I KNOW they work as simply common sense and studies show it to be so. You and I both figured from day one that it was about the lack of supplies. Then they spoke of us being too dumb to wear them properly. (I see what they mean, many ARE too stupid to wear a simple mask! ) Excuses and lies but no truth. And no doubt, deaths could have been avoided with both an appropriate supply and the truth. Nursing home deaths were a HUGE factor in deaths, and easily should have been avoided, also with common sense alone. Subways remaining open in NYC only added to infections and deaths. Leaders shutting certain folks down and not others, and confusing the crap out of the public and everyone then responding differently and many fighting about the masks decisions. SO SO much could have been avoided, especially in the beginning and especially by leaders in NY/NJ - where you see the mortality rate so much higher than the rest of the nation. Believe it or not, NJ was worse than NY in that department. And believe it or not again, CT was even worse than NJ!! And where did the first major outbreak start? They had no idea and were clueless.