Quote Originally Posted by Norse_soul View Post
Personally, I think that Religion is the problem. Everyone knows what is right and wrong. There is no such thing as "origional sin" or even a concept of sin. There is only right and wrong 'depending upon circumstance'. If you kill someone is it wrong? I firmly believe it depends upon the reason. Did you get in a drunken fight, or were you defending your family, or defending an old woman being attacked on the street. The christian religions are the worst for 'written in stone' sins. Thou shalt not kill. Look at nature to know the truth...
That isn't accurate. It doesn't really matter how one gets their sense of right and wrong, whether it is from their religion, their philosophical beliefs or whatever way they get them. But both testaments, as far as I know, allow self-defense, defense of otherss and defense of property as an excusable reason to kill. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, in the original Hebrew, the Ten Commandments don't say "Thou shalt not kill", they say "Thou shalt not murder", if translated properly. This would be consistent with the law on the subject as western nations apply it (I can't speak for non-western nations, because I don't know).