It's all so fuzzy in my head over the years, but I do know that my highest weight ever was 224lbs.

Being I am just shy of 5'9, that was unacceptable to me. I was fat. I wanted it gone and started and was trying everything. I joined the local gym and that's exactly where I recall measuring that weight. I tried and tried, and did get some muscle, abused the sauna - but the weight wasn't disappearing much.

I tried all different diets but it was tough, as I was simply hungry at times! Especially at night an hour or so after taking my medication, which is known to make you hungry. Ugggh. But I kept at it for awhile and lost some over time.

Then I started abusing my coffee and tried to go without eating and drinking coffee mostly during the day - but mixed in with little healthy snacks to keep me going and healthier to an extent. Of course ate a regular healthy dinner, and switched to different foods at night. And It was working!

And after a few years, heavy coffee diet and healthier snacks, and then healthy but appropriate dinner, and then healthier food at night. It wasn't easy and took a few years, but dropped from that 224lbs down to my now 155 or so!! I did drop down to 75lbs off, but felt I needed a few more pounds to hit the sweet spot at not skinny but no fat.

So if you haven't seen me in awhile, it's shocking to some, which feels good! But I am a skinny guy by nature. 5'9 but more like 5'8 1/2. Small framed guy.

Here's a calculator that shows what your ideal weight should be based on various formulas.

151-160 - and I'm now at 155. So I feel like I lost too much, but gotta remind myself that I wasn't supposed to be that fat guy for my small frame!