What do Ahmaud Arbery and Ashli Babbitt have in common? Both were shot to death and the media didn't care. I posted about Ahmaud Arbery back when it happened in early 2020, before the BLM riots. The media didn't care because it happened in an area not known for rioting, so there wasn't enough death and destruction for the media to stir up.

Ashli Babbitt, on the other hand, was shot to death entering the Capitol with the mob in January. She was breaking the law, but breaking and entering should not be a reason to shoot someone to death. She was unarmed and didn't harm anyone. She had served in the Air Force for 14 years and earned numerous medals. And now the media treats her as if she deserved to die and there was nothing tragic about her death. Despite entering the Capitol during a riot, she deserves better than that.

At a time when police officers are fired and put on trial for being near a shooting, the Capitol Police person today was declared "justified" in the killing by the Biden administration. They won't face any charges or trial, won't be even docked a day's pay. The media won't even identify this person.

We are living in dangerous times. There are two different systems of justice today. Some people might say "sure it's two sets of justice, to make up for the different sets of justice we had 60 years ago", but when they say that they are also saying it is okay to have two sets of justice (just as long as its slanted the way you want).

Things are bad and are going to get worse until the media (eg CNN) climbs out of the gutter. I'm not holding my breath.