Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    Now seeing ivermectin being used in common conversation my brain immediately wants me to ask the person what worms they have and to make sure they treat it sufficiently with the right dewormer combo so they don't colic.

ivermectin.JPG

*Disclaimer: I know ivermectin has plenty of medical use besides parasite treatment for livestock and domestic pets. I just have never known any humans to take it in any form.
    Ivermectin is a medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations. In humans, this includes head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis. In veterinary medicine, it is used to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis, among other indications.

I'm taking Fenbendazole (another form of parasite treatment) for cancer prevention. My best friend was terminal Stage 4 with stomach cancer last August. Started taking Fenbendazole in September and declared cancer free in April.

Usually, development of new drugs requires a considerable amount of time, money and effort. Developing a promising molecule into an approved drug often takes several years. It is therefore, crucial to employ strategies to overcome these impediments. Repurposing of veterinary drugs showing promising results for human use can result in considerable time and cost reduction required to develop new drugs,” said Dr. Mukhopadhyay.
    According to the researchers fenbendazole is known for a high safety margin and most species tolerate it very well. It has very low degree of toxicity and high degree of safety in experimental animals. Hence it can be a good candidate for anticancer therapy.
    Alternatively, it can also be used as an adjuvant therapy.
    “FDA as well as other published pre-clinical data on the toxicological studies performed on animals shows that fenbendazole administered in different species at dosages several times the approved dosage does not cause any adverse effects in animals. Further, our previous study also showed minimal toxicity of fenbendazole in normal human cells. Considering this information, FZ can be an ideal candidate for development as an anti-cancer agent”, added Dr. Mukhopadhyay.
    Besides Dr Mukhopadhyay and Dr. Ashok Kumar from Panjab University, the research team included Dr. Nilambra Dogra from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le24793200.ece
    BTW ... I picked up prescription of Ivermectin yesterday to have on hand if I experience covid symptoms.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 05-11-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.