Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
Am unsure how I feel about never taking that (or any) vaccine, thanks to a history of vaccine-induced *rhabdomyolysis. And I wonder had we done the covid thing more like chicken-pox (when someone is sick, bring over otherwise-healthy folk so they can get it, then build future immunity) we'd have been better-off.

*"Rhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition involving the rapid dissolution of damaged or injured skeletal muscle. This disruption of skeletal muscle integrity leads to the direct release of intracellular muscle components, including myoglobin, creatine kinase (CK), aldolase, and lactate dehydrogenase, as well as electrolytes, into the bloodstream and extracellular space. Rhabdomyolysis ranges from an asymptomatic illness with elevation in the CK level to a life-threatening condition associated with extreme elevations in CK, electrolyte imbalances, acute renal failure (ARF), and disseminated intravascular coagulation." Normal CK range is 22 to 198 U/L. My CK levels were 50,000 u/L.
Pretty good case for "why not", IMO.