Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
"...which of the two examples is currently a national health issue..."
Both. Death is Death. both are ongoing.

"...that can be ameliorated?"
And they both can be ameliorated to a point, as long as all the option are on the table and discussed.
And constitutional means are used.

Telling everyone to STAY HOME will only help in auto accidents. Didn't do much at all for Covid.
But using LOCKDOWN to ameliorate either one is a piss-poor option.

Life has Risk, that's just the way it is.
We can't pretend to eliminated them all to everyone's satisfaction in a free country.
Guess what, Covid probably ain't going away. Thankfully most people recover from it with the treatments available ... if allowed to.
We've had decades to figure out traffic laws automotive regulations. The other is under 2 years with data changing every day.

If you want a thread about lockdowns it's either been done or can be done again.

People are being given the option of getting and recovering from COVID. Or not...

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
PS-- you're asking the wrong guy about what's currently a national health issue. The question implies that I'm part of the crowd that's generally freaked out by the Covid. Look Covid, Terrorism, Killer Bees, ... Maybe it's becasue I'm generally a big picture thinker or I'm borderline autistic. But sure there's an initial bump in my fear but my logically brain begins to contextual the whole mess and deal with.
I've had MORE anxiety about other people's reactions to Covid-19! or Terrorist! or Iran! or Climate Change! or Russia! or Fill-in-the-blank supposed horror than from the so-called horrors themselves.
IMO NONE of them deserve the HYPE they've been given recently or over the years.

And the FEAR around them should be the focus of amelioration, so people can hopefully act more rationally about them.

What happened to the leadership that says, there's nothing to fear but fear itself?
Long since gone it would seem. Four years ago it was Mexico, China, and global competition. This time 'round it's something else. Besides, I specifically called it an "issue" and not a "crisis."